Practice prompt and courteous customer service at all times. Collect blood and other specimens for laboratory testing. Enter patient information into appropriate electronic ordering system. Process specimens according to PSC procedure for transport to testing facility.
Must have experience. Must have driver’s license and transportation to float between facilities. Must be able to type 26 wpm with 95% accuracy.
* Perform venipunctures and capillary punctures as outlined in departmental procedure manual.
* Follow proper procedures for patient identification and labeling of laboratory specimens.
* Assist in or prepare specimens for transport to the required laboratory facility.
* Complete requisitions per department standards.
* Log requisitions into computer system (QLS,SCAN, TOROL and/or Sunquest) when applicable.
* Operate departmental equipment, including but not limited to, paging system, pneumatic tube system, centrifuges and printers.
* Perform regular inventory checks and stocks work areas/cases with supplies
* Assist in training of new employees
* Assist with specimen draw problem solving, including rapid response to TIQ requests from Processing.
* Perform all duties and responsibilities in a courteous and efficient manner, demonstrating positive customer service principles to clients at all times.
* Follow regulatory requirements, corporate integrity standards and all departmental and company policies and procedures, including infection control and biohazard waste disposal.
* Follow all compliance procedures and policies, assisting the Compliance Officer with audits on a monthly basis.
* Perform other duties and assignments as requested.
* Completion of Orientation Period Progress Review. Qualifications:
* Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.