Working in an inpatient hospital setting, the Certified Pharmacy Technician will be supporting pharmacological services by stocking, assembling, and distributing medications throughout the hospital. The Pharmacy Technicians will also be responsible for making sterile compound in the IV room.
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians' orders and prescriptions.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Seeking 2 years of Institutional experience as a Pharmacy Technician
Experience with EPIC
Registered with Ohio as a Certified Pharmacy Technician