Field Service Technician
Direct hire positions with pay based on experience. (To $35/hr) Paid Travel time and Per Diem.
These openings are direct hire and not contract to hire. This clean, safe company in West Chester is looking for experienced Field Service Technicians to assemble custom enclosures at client sites.
The Field Service Technician will be responsible for installation supervision and start-up at customer’s facility(s) to ensure full functionality according to Systecon Inc. specifications and will provide customer training upon start-up completion. They will provide on-site and remote technical support to help troubleshoot and repair/replace Systecon equipment and accurately complete and submit all service documentation following Systecon procedures and guidelines. The Field Service Technician will mark-up drawings and sequence of operation and return to engineering so final as-builds can be completed. They will work closely with 2nd level support to ensure Systecon equipment is maintained to company standards and manage Systecon service tools and spare parts inventory to ensure accurate inventory of assigned company assets.
- High school graduate or equivalent, plus two year associate degree or equivalent experience in electrical/mechanical engineering or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Commercial HVAC and DDC Controls and/or PLC/HMI/communication protocol program understanding, writing and revising, and troubleshooting experience is required.
- Ability to read and understand PLC programming and ladder schematics, mechanical and electrical drawings, sequence of operations (SOO), and electronic/mechanical system designs.
- Must understand BAS Communication Protocols. (BACnet, LonWorks, ModBus, ETC.)
- Service Standards - Project ownership and customer satisfaction.
- Computer Knowledge - MS-Windows, MS-Excel, MS-Outlook, and network knowledge, along with various controller programming software platforms.
- Ability to work independently; professional appearance, good communication skills and professional conduct are a necessity.
- Team oriented; flexible and adaptive to company, department, and customer requirements.
- Budget conscience.
- Must be fluent in English. Spanish and other languages are a plus.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
***Willingness to travel extensively - mostly national with some international travel possible to perform startup/field service/technical support work.
Full benefit package including uniform and education program. Pay commensurate with experience.