Dayton, OH | Contract
A growing and stable hospital facility in Dayton and Greater Cincinnati region. Add in one the finest benefits programs available, highly competitive compensation programs along with a focus on employee training and patient well-being and this could be the opportunity for you.
Provides direct patient care to patients using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and within the policies of the organization. Will assess, plan, implement, and evaluate care of patients having outpatient procedures, patients receiving medical injections and infusions, and cardiac patients meeting criteria for unit admission. Reports to: Nurse Manager.
- Performs patient assessments and reassessments to recognize abnormal findings and takes action to address. Also, includes medication administration/reconciliation, specimen collection, clinical treatments, as well as other medical care treatment.
- Documents patient care given.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate to care team, physician, patient, and family.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living, including personal hygiene, elimination, nutrition, and ambulation.
- Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
- Works as an advocate for the physical and emotional well-being of the patient.
- Patient Experience: Employee shall endeavor to provide a superior patient experience.
- Performs medication bar-code scanning consistently and within expected time frames.
- Ensures Core Measures are complete for CHF and NEURO
- Promotes and supports efforts to reduce patient harms
Bachelor’s degree Preferred
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with at least 1 year critical care/CTU/ICU
- Float CTU/ICU
Basic Life Support (BLS) required
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) required
Current OH RN