Dayton, OH | Contract-to-Hire
Start with a growing and stable hospital facility in Dayton. Add in a highly competitive compensation programs along with a focus on employee training and patient well-being and this could be the opportunity of the year for you.
This position will be responsible for collection of third party claims and self-pay liability on accounts up to and including final disposition of the account balance. This position will be responsible for reviewing alternative financial assistance options and determining the status for referral of accounts to external agencies.
The employee must abide by various regulatory compliance rules, including but not limited to, Advance Beneficiary Notices (ABNs), Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) questionnaires, payer-specific rules, regulations and policies, and HIPAA.
The PAA must treat all patients with dignity and respect following Patient Satisfaction guidelines and Customer Service standards. He/She must employ advanced communication skills in working with third party payers and patients in high stress situations, utilizing judgment and goal oriented communication techniques while adhering to PHP policies.
Experience: Must have two years of healthcare billing experience. Associates degree in Healthcare or Business can be substituted for the two years of experience.
- Typing accurately 30-40 words per minute accurately required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows applications required.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles, including debits and credits required.
- Ability to alphabetize and compare names and numbers required.
- Ability to review work for detailed accuracy and completeness required.
- Basic math skills including percentages required.
- High School Diploma or Business Administration degree preferred.
- Medical terminology preferred.